Arts Du Jour, the popular charity preview event for the Ford Arts, Beats & Eats festival is back from 6-10 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 25, at the Barbara A. Hallman Memorial Plaza & Veterans Memorial located outside the Royal Oak Library and City Hall.
The event will feature live music performances from bands performing at the festival, featured artists and nearly 40 restaurants that will be serving throughout the Labor Day weekend. Greg Reyner, of Café Muse, stopped by the Fox2 Studios Sunday to share the recipe for one of his favorite dishes, along with Jon Witz, Arts Du Jour organizer.
Cafe Muse Butterscotch Pudding
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 1/4c Cornstarch
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Jack Daniels
- pinch of salt
- Melt butter and sugar together over medium heat in a saucepan until the butter and sugar are bubbling and fully incorporated.
- Pour in about 2 tablespoons of cream, stirring constantly. This will help melt any sugar.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cornstarch and a small amount of the cream until smooth.
- Add the egg and remaining cream to the bowl and blind.
- Slowly add to the sugar and butter mixture. Bring a simmer, constantly stirring so that it does not stick.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla, salt, and Jake Daniels. Chill and garnish with whipped cream and crumbled bacon.
Watch the video above and click here
for more information on how to get involved.