HAP and Fox 2 have teamed up again to help kids make better, healthier decisions when it comes to eating.
The campaign targets childhood obesity by teaching healthy, tasty and fun meal ideas that kids can make for themselves and the entire family.
This week, we explored making power granola bars.
Power Granola Bars
Ingredients (makes 12 bars)
- 1 1/2 Cups of Old Fashioned Oats (Gluten free if needed)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Hemp Hearts
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cherries
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 2/3 Cup Honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, and line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients and stir with a spatula until ingredients are thoroughly coated in honey.
- Pour into prepared baking dish, and pack down firmly and evenly.
- Bake in the oven 15-20 minutes for "chewy" granola bars, or 20-25 minutes for firm, "crunchy" granola bars. Remove from oven, let cool and cut into squares.
Watch the video above and click here for more information about the program and other healthy recipes.