The first week of school is behind us, and many children ... and their parents are already running out of fresh lunch and snack ideas.
Mona Alaudhi, a registered dietitian and manager of the Dearborn Better Health Store, visited the Fox2 Studios Saturday morning with some of her favorite meal ideas that provide the fuel they need to stay focused and power through the day.
- 1 lbs. of Boneless/skinless chicken breast cooked at 350 for 25-30 min then cool down chop into small pieces
- 1 cup red seedless grapes washed and sliced in half
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Mix all together
- 1 cup sliced frozen banana
- 1 oz. fresh spinach (handful)
- ½ medium avocado
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice
- 1-cup almond or coconut milk
- Blend until smooth.