HAP and Fox2 have teamed up to combat childhood obesity in Michigan by teaching kids and parents how to choose good foods to eat and how to prepare them.
Chef Kristi Zebrowski and a special guest visited the Fox2 kitchen to show us how to make Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti. Follow her recipe below.
Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti
Ingredients (Makes four side servings)
- 1 1/2 lb Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Jar of Pasta Sauce
- Optional: Parmesan Cheese for Garnish
- Cut spaghetti squash open lengthwise and remove seeds by scooping out with a spoon.
- Place squash cut side down in a glass dish with 1" of water.
- For a quick cooking method, microwave on high for 10 minutes, or until flesh is tender. If more time is available, place dish covered in foil in an oven preheated to 400 degrees F, and bake 20-25 minutes or until flesh is tender.
- Remove squash from dish, allow to cool to handle, and remove strands of flesh with a fork. Strands should look like spaghetti.
- Pour warm sauce over the top of the spaghetti squash, top with optional parmesan cheese and enjoy!
For more information on HAP's Ready, Set, Cook! program, click here.