October is here, and that means football season is in full swing. But no true game-day experience -- college or pro -- is quite the same without a tailgate grill.
Weber Chef Kelsey Heidkamp visited the Fox2 Studios Saturday morning with Weber's new Michigan grill to showcase and share some of her favorite tailgate food, including Gourmet breakfast burgers.
Watch the video and follow along with her recipe below.
Gourmet Breakfast Burger
Ingredients (serves four)
- 2 pounds- Ground Chuck 80/20
- 4 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- 4 tablespoon minced sweet onion
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 4 English muffins
- 1 pound of bacon
1. Preheat Weber Q1200 College Edition Grill for 15 minutes on high.
2. Clean grates with a Weber Stainless Steel Grill Brush.
3. Turn down infinite control valve to a medium heat of 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Grill bacon at a medium heat of 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-6 minutes, flipping once.
5. Set cooked bacon aside and fry eggs on the Weber Q1200 Griddle insert using olive oil at a medium heat of 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-6 minutes, flipping once.
6. Set eggs aside and swap the cooking grate back into the grill with Weber Mitts.
7. Mix chuck, jalapenos, sweet onion, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce in bowl so all ingredients are consistently mixed.
8. Portion mixture into four even patties.
9. Using Weber's Burger Press create consistent size patties.
10. After patties are formed use thumb to create a dimple in the center of all the burgers. This will help the burgers cook evenly.
11. Grill the patties over direct medium-high heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to an internal temperature of 155 degrees Fahrenheit, 8-10 minutes, flipping once.
12. During the last minute build burger on the grill in the order of cheese, fried egg, and bacon.
13. Remove your breakfast burger from the grill; let it rest for 2 minutes on a cutting board.
14. While burger is resting toast English muffins for 1 minute face down over direct-medium heat of 400 degrees.
15. Serve Warm.