HAP and Fox2 have teamed up again to combat childhood obesity in Michigan by teaching kids and parents how to choose good foods to eat and how to prepare them.
In the spirit of Halloween, Chef Kristi Zebrowski and a special guest visited the Fox2 kitchen to show us how to make yummy mummy pizzas.
Watch the video above and follow the recipe here.
Mummy Pita Pizzas (makes 4 individual pizzas)
- 4 4" Round Whole Wheat Pitas
- 1 C Marinara Sauce
- 4 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 slices of Black Olives
- Place whole wheat pitas onto a microwave safe plate.
- Spoon marinara sauce onto each pita round.
- Cut each mozzarella cheese into 8 matchstick slices, and lay them onto the pitas in a crosshatch pattern, creating the appearance of a wrapped mummy.
- Place two black olive slices on for eyes.
- Pop into the microwave for 45 to 60 seconds, just to slightly melt the cheese.
For more information on HAP's Ready, Set, Cook! program, click here.