Detroit Restaurant Week runs through September 27th.
This recipe is courtesy of Chef Joe Susko of Cliff Bell's:
2 6oz. portions salmon, skin on
Fresh Asian slaw
Shredded napa cabbage
Julienne red peppers
Slivered snow peas
Shaved red onions
Apple cider reduction
1. With the skin side up, generously cover salmon with Kosher salt
2. Let salmon rest in refrigerator for 20 minutes, then rinse in ice water and pat dry
3. Preheat oven to 350f.
4. Heat skillet over medium-high flame, add small amt of oil & sear salmon, skin side down. Place skillet into oven & cook to desired temp.
5. To plate, begin with 1-2oz. of cider reduction, next small bunch of slaw. Remove salmon from oven and place on slaw, skin side up. Finish with honey-soy glaze over top.
Apple Cider Redux
Prep Time : 2 minCook Time : 35 minReady Time : 37 min
2 gallons apple cider
1/2 gallon lager
2" ginger root sliced thin
12 garlic cloves smashed
2 large shallots sliced thin
3 celery ribs sliced
2 lemons halved
1 bunch fresh thyme small
2-3 leaves bay laurel dry
2 tablespoons black pepper whole
1. Combine everything in large pot.
2. Simmer for 30 minutes over medium heat.
3. Strain through chinois or fine mesh strainer.
4. Return to heat and reduce by half.
5. Strain through coffee filter and chill.
by Carl Yeager
1 quart tamari soy
1 quart oj concentrate
1. Split limes & lemons and char on grill, squeeze and strain juice
2. Destroy ginger & garlic in food processor
3. Whisk all ingredients together
Click here for more information.