After focusing on more complex, traditional dishes for Easter Sunday, Chef Bobby Nahra, of the Lakeland Banquet and Event Centre, returned to the Fox2 Kitchen Sunday morning with a simpler dish in mind.
Watch the video above, follow the recipe and click here for more about Chef Bobby.
Parmesan Chicken with baby Arugula
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- ½ cup chopped Parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil leaves only
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Unsalted butter
- Good olive oil
- Or you can 3 step it!! Flour, eggs and Bread crumbs
- Salad greens for 6, washed and spun dry Preferably Baby Arugula and Radicchio
- Lemon Vinaigrette (see recipe)
Pound the chicken breasts until they are 1/4 inch thick
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a dinner plate.
- On a second plate, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water. On a third plate, combine the bread crumbs, rosemary, parsley, basil leaves and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with the flour mixture, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and dredge both sides in the bread-crumb mixture, pressing lightly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Toss the salad greens with lemon vinaigrette.
- Place a mound of salad on each hot chicken breast. Serve with extra grated Parmesan.
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.