This recipe is courtesy of Brennan Calnin, Executive Chef at Townhouse:
Townhouse Mac & Cheese
1/4 cup butter
1 shallot minced
1 tbsp garlic
1/4 cup white wine
1.25 lbs mascarpone
1/2 lb boursin cheese
2 qts heavy cream
salt and pepper
1 cup cotswald cheese or mild cheddar
1. In a medium sized pot melt the butter.
2. Add the minced shallot and garlic, season with a bit of salt and pepper.
3. Saute the shallots and garlic until translucent. Add white wine and reduce to about an ounce.
4. Add the heavy cream and bring to a slight simmer. Add Cheese and stir until melted.
5. Reduce the sauce by about 20 percent.
6. Make a small batch of roux with an ounce of butter and an ounce of flour.
7. Add as much or as little of roux to reach desired thickness.
8. Add cheese to cooked macaroni, place in a baking dish and top with Cotswald or mild cheddar and bake until bubbling.
Click here for more information about the Big Game Detroit Rally.