Baker College has a ‘teaching’ restaurant called Courses that’s open to the public at their campus in Port Huron. All food is prepared by students looking to expand their cooking horizons as part of the Culinary Institute of Michigan Port Huron and Muskegon.
The robust menu is comprised of both unique creations and traditional dishes, including filet mignon, asparagus salad and deconstructed s’mores.
Program Director Paula Recinella and student Jamie Cook visited the Fox2 News Studios Saturday morning to showcase some of the signature dishes and discuss the program.
Watch the video above, follow the recipe and click here for more information about the restaurant and choosing the culinary arts as a career.
- 40 oz Beef Tenderloin 1. Trim tenderloin (save scrap for later use)
- 2. Cut 8-5 oz. steaks
- 1/2 # Butter, salted, softened 1. Combine butter,
- 1 sprig Thyme, fresh, stemmed thyme,
- 1/2 sprig Rosemary, fresh, minced rosemary,
- 1.25 T Porcini Powder porcini,
- 6 T Shallot, grated shallot, and,
- 1/2 T Wine, Port wine in a mixer with the paddle attachment.
- 2. Mix until incorporated.
- Water, salted
- Six peeled carrots