Royal Oak Restaurant Week is back.
Sponsored by OUR Credit Union, the event signals the return of 'Giving Back' from now through Sunday Oct. 29. More than 20 of downtown Royal Oak's top restaurants and venues will feature 3-course lunch and dinner menus from $15 - $35 a person. No tickets or passes are necessary, but reservations are strongly recommended.
Jenna Derrig, Mesa Tacos and Tequila's managing partner, stopped by the Fox2 Kitchen Saturday morning with some of her favorite meal recipes that will be on display all week. Joining her was Stephanie McIntyre, Royal Oak Restaurant Week Spokeswoman to preview the event.
Watch the video above, follow the recipe and click here for more information about the Mesa menu.
- Chicken, 6 cups shredded chicken
- shredded Queso Chihuahua, - 1 1/2 cups
- roasted Tomato paste- 1 cup
- roasted green 1/4 cup
- red peppers 1/4 cup
- sauteed onions.1/4 cup
- Queso fresco
- Take chicken, shredded Queso Chihuahua, roasted tomato paste, roasted green and red peppers, and sauteed onions and mix items in bowls.
- Take 12 inch flour tortilla and 2 cups of mixture, roll up mixture into tortilla so wrap is about 2 inches thick... be sure to wrap tightly.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle with Crema and Queso Fresco