The Stage Deli has been a family-owned staple for Metro Detroit foodies for more than five decades.
Owner Steve Goldberg visited the Fox2 Kitchen Sunday morning to demonstrate one of his favorite and most popular dishes when it comes to brunch: Lox, eggs and onions, "LEO."
- 1 Whole Spanish onion, peeled and chopped ½"
- 1 TBSP Water
- 3 TBSP Vegetable Oil
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt
- Pinch White Pepper
- 1/2 TBSP Butter
- 6 Eggs
- ¼ lb. Smoked Salmon Diced 1/8"
- Place oil, water, onion salt & pepper in sauté pan on medium heat. Sautee until onions are a rich golden brown (20-30 minutes).
- Remove from pan, drain and set aside.
- Crack eggs into bowl and mix with fork or whip until whites are fully blended.
- Place small sauté pan on medium high heat. When hot, add butter. When butter sizzles, add eggs and adjust heat so that eggs are lightly cooking. Do not touch eggs until they begin to set.
- Then, using a spatula, lightly move them around the pan to expose uncooked eggs to the heat of the pan. Immediately add onions and smoked salmon. Toss in pan to combine. Remove from fire 30 seconds before eggs are cooked to your liking (the heat of the eggs will continue the cooking process).
- Serve and enjoy!