The annual Chiefs Cooking for Kids event will be held on Thursday, October 8th.
This recipe is courtesy of Detroit Police Chief James Craig:
This recipe is courtesy of Livonia Fire Chief Shadd Whitehead:
Firehouse S'mores Stuffed Sweet Potatoes:
12 small sweet potatoes
3 cups mini marshmallows
2 Hershey chocolate bars
1 cup of butter
1 cup of crushed graham crackers
1. Season and bake the sweet potatoes at 350 for 40 minutes or until fully cooked.
2. Melt butter and brown sugar together
3. Slice potatoes open and brush with butter, brown sugar mixture
4. Add some marshmallows and chunks of chocolate
5. Toast marshmallows and chocolate with torch
6. Top with crush graham crackers
Click here for more information about the Chief Cooking for Kids event.