Easter is a great time to meet with and share a meal with family, friends and loved ones. If brunch is on the agenda, Alfoccino Restaurant in Auburn Hills is putting together a special event. For $24.95 (adults) and $12.50 (for kids 10 and under), visitors on Sunday, April 1 will get:
- Prime Rib Station
- Salmon with lemon dill and capers
- Chicken Piccata
- Bagels and cream cheese
- Plus much much more
Owner Sunny Palaj visited the Fox 2 Kitchen Saturday morning with a chef to showcase some of their favorite recipes, including chicken piccata.
- -2 split skinless, boneless, pounded chicken breast
- -salt and pepper
- -1 large egg
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup 2 percent milk
- ½ cup white wine (Pinot Grigio)
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ spoon minced garlic
- 2 spoons lemon juice
- 10 pcs button mushrooms
- Generous amount of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemon wheels
- ½ ounce chopped fresh parsley
- Mix egg & milk together.
- In separate bowl, mix flour & salt and pepper.
- In a large sautee` pan over medium high heat, put about 3 spoons of extra virgin oil.
- When oil is hot, add 2 pcs of chicken side by side and cook for 3 mins.
- When around the edges of chicken starts turning brown, flip them and let them cook for another 2.5 mins. Remove and transfer to a plate.
- This time you can start cooking the mushrooms in the same oil until they are mushie. Then remove Towel dry the same pan.
- Into the pan over medium high heat/flame, add chicken stock, cooked mushrooms, minced garlic , & lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Add salt & peeper according to your taste. Add the sautéed` chicken to the boiling mixture and let it simmer for 3 mins or so.
- Transfer chicken over a plate and pour the sauce over. Garnish with a lemon wheel and chopped fresh parsley