GM River Days are nearly here, and the experience won't be the same without good food.
Granite City Food & Brewery, which just opened in the Renaissance Center in February, will celebrate their first year at GM River Days with a delicious menu.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 oz. Andouille Sausage
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables (peppers and onions)
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp. garlic butter
- 1 tsp. chicken seasoning blend
- 3/4 cup cajun sauce
- 1 cup dried pasta
- 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tbsp. shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. diced tomato
- Heat oil in saute pan over medium heat
- Add the sliced andouille sausage to saute pan; cook until starts to brown
- Add the mixed vegetables (peppers & onion) - begin cooking
- Add the sliced chicken breast to saute pan; heat until cook thoroughly
- Add garlic butter and chicken seasoning blend to mix.
- Add Cajun sauce; continue to heat until sauce is hot
- Heat the Penne pasta in a pot of hot water, drain thoroughly
- Add pasta to sauce pan and additional salt and pepper
- Simmer briefly to completely develop flavors and heat pasta
- Place in large bowl; garnish pasta with parsley and parmesan cheese