Summertime is a good time to focus on healthy eating. The chefs at the Stage Deli in West Bloomfield have added a few new dishes designed to inspire the healthy-conscious eater.
Owner Steve Goldberg stopped by the Fox2 News studios Sunday morning to showcase some of the Stage's traditional and new dishes, including the Greek Cucumber Salad.
Watch him prepare it in the video above, follow the recipe, and click here for more about the menu.
GREEK CUCUMBER SALAD
- 1 Whole English Cucumber cut in ½" Dice
- ½ Red Onion cut in ½" Dice
- 1 Basket Best Cherry Tomatoes halved on equator
- ¼ Pound Good Feta Cheese cut in ½" Dice
- 18 Kalamata Olives Pitted
- 1 Whole Green Pepper in 1/2" Dice (optional)
- Handful Fresh Herbs (Parsley, Mint, Basil…) Chiffonade
- Juice of One Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper to Taste
- Combine all ingredients, Chill, Toss Gently & Serve