Pat O'Brien's has been serving up delicious meals from its St. Clair Shores location for decades, and the tradition continues this summer.
Chef Michael Clugston and Sous Chef Tim Margitish stopped by the Fox2 News studios to share some of their favorite dishes. Watch the video above, follow the recipes and click here for more about the menu.
Blackened Sea Bass with Poblano Rice and Seared Mangos
- 4- 6 oz Sea Bass Filets
- 2 Tbsp. Cajun Seasoning
- 4 Smoked Chipotle Peppers (can get at most stores)
- 4 oz Chicken Stock
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp. Granulated Garlic
- Blend All ingredients in blender and pour over Sea Bass.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Remove Sea Bass from marinade and season with your favorite cajun seasoning.
- Heat cast iron frying pan over high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add a small amount of oil to cast iron pan. Carefully place Sea Bass in pan and sear 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove from pan and cover with paper towel. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Basmati Poblano Rice
- 4 Cups Uncooked Basmati Rice
- 2 Poblano Peppers, Chopped
- 1 Bunch Cilantro (whole- leaves only)
- 1 Bunch Parsley (whole- leaves only)
- 6 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Granulated Garlic
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- Put poblano peppers, cilantro, parsley, salt and granulated garlic in a food processor on high until consistency is almost a liquid.
- Melt Butter in 4qt. pot. Add rice, chicken stock and poblano pureé. Gently mix, cover and cook over medium heat for 12 minutes, or until liquid is gone and rice is cooked.
- Slice and peel mango. Heat a sauté pan. Once the pan is hot, add a small amount of oil and carefully add in mango. Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Put rice on a plate and garnish with seared mango.