A new season means a new menu.
The Rugby Grille inside the Townsend Hotel has a new fall menu.
These recipes are courtesy of Rugby Grille Chef de Cuisine Damian Yopek:
Citrus thyme vinaigrette
6 ea grated orange rind
1 cup fresh orange juice
2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
1 cupfresh lime juice
2 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoon minced shallot
2 tablespoon sesame oil
3 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 cup canola oil
1. Zest and juice oranges to get desired measurements
2. Ass all ingredients except canola oil into a medium bowl
3. Wisk together, and slowly drizzle in oil to create an emulsion
4. Taste, and adjust seasoning with salt pepper and lime juice
2 oz Edamame puree
4oz large diced tuna
1 oz diced gold beets
1 oz diced candy stripe beets
1 oz Edamame
1 tablespoon small dice red onion
6 each orange segments
1 oz frisee
3 oz citrus thyme vinaigrette
Pinch of red chili flake
Salt and pepper to taste
Sliced beet, and radish, toasted hazel nut to garnish
1. Place puree in center of bowl, and make a swoosh from center going up the side of the bowl.
2. place all the rest of the ingredients in a bowl, mix, taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
3. Place in center of the bowl on top of puree, mounding to build hight.
4. Garnish with sliced beets, and radish.
5. Grate some toasted hazel nut on finished salad.
(red, yellow, candy stripe)
6 large beets
½ cup sherry vinegar
½ cup orange juice
5 garlic cloves
2 shallot large chop
7 sprigs thyme
Salt and pepper
¼ cup canola oil
1. Wash beets under cold water to remove any dirt
2. Toss beets in oil, salt and pepper
3. Add, sherry vin, orange juice, garlic, shallot, and thyme to roasting pan.
4. Place beets on top of ingredients
5. Cover with foil, and roast for 1 hour and 30 min at 350
6. Check beets with a knife to check doneness, knife should slide in and out without resistance.
7. Let cool with foil on, once cool peel and dice.
3 cups blanched Edamame
½ cup rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon wasabi powder
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced shallot
1 cup canola oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Water as needed
1. Blanch Edamame in salted water
2. Add all ingredients up to canola oil to food processor, and blend until smooth puree
3. Slowly add canola oil to smooth and thicken puree,
4. If to thick add water slowly to reach consistency,
5. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper
Click here for more information.