Seafood of all kinds make up just some of the signature menu items at Trattoria Serveni in Grosse Pointe Woods. Owner Joe Serventi and Chef John Tozzi are partial to Frutti Di Mare, and stopped by the Fox2 Kitchen to showcase how it's made. Watch the video above, follow the recipes and click here for more information
Frutti Di Mare
- 1 oz Olive Oil
- 3 Fresh U10-20 Scallops
- 2 8-12 Shrimp
- 6 Fresh PEI Mussels
- Half Cup Calamari
- 1 Clove Sliced Garlic
- 6oz Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- 10oz Cooked Bucatini Pasta
- Pinch Fresh Chiffonade Basil
- Pinch Fresh Parsley
- Pinch Dry Basil
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Season scallops and shrimp with salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan, once the pan is hot add the shrimp and scallops.
- Sear on one side until the scallops are browned and the shrimp are red and flip.
- Add the calamari, sliced garlic, fresh and dry basil, and parsley.
- After about 1 minute, add the mussels and crushed tomatoes and cover.
- Once the mussels have opened up, add the pasta into the pan to heat up in your sauce and serve.