The annual Whiskey Business celebration begins at 7:30 p.m. at the Royal Oak Farmers Market.
The event is a celebration of over 100 Scotches, Bourbons and Whiskeys from around the country and Canada, in all one room.
Luigi Cutraro if the chef from Trattoria Da Luigi, and Ellizabeth Goulet from Sazerac Company stopped by the Fox2 Kitchen Saturday morning to preview some of their favorite recipes that will be on display.
Luigi's Famous Sicilian Meatballs
- 3/4 lb ground pork
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs (soaked in milk)
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup parsely (chopped)
- 1/2 cup marjoram (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 3/4 cup Pecorino Romano Cheese (grated)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In small bowl soak breadcrumbs in milk for 2 minutes, then drain breadcrumbs.
- In large bowl mix all ingredients with your hands.
- Form into 12-15 meatballs (slightly larger than a golf ball)
- In a large saute pan, add the meatballs to your own meat or tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve with meat sauce and Pecorino Romano cheese on top.
Boulevardier Cocktail (a twist on a negroni)
- All equal parts
- Bourbon (I will use Eagle Rare or 1792)
- Sweet Vermouth (I will use Di Padroni)
- Peychaud's Aperitivo