There are five health issues that men over fifty can't afford to ignore.
Dr. Joel Kahn says here is what to look out for:
1. Blood tests - "Make sure you are checking for blood sugar and cholesterol and also blood pressure," says Dr. Joel Kahn.
2. Digital rectal exam- "Find out if your prostate is smooth or if you have a nodule which is how you detect early prostate cancer," says Dr. Kahn.
3. Colonoscopy - "At age 50, make sure they are looking up the whole colon to detect colon cancer," says Dr. Kahn.
4. Cat scan heart calcium-"Find out if your arteries are staying healthy throughout life around age 50 to detect early heart disease," says Dr. Kahn.
5. Eat healthy- "Eat five servings of fruits and vegetables to protect your health every day," says Dr. Kahn.
There is a free MIU Men's Health Event this Saturday, October 3 at Ford Field that offers all kinds of screening for men and you can even kick a field goal if you'd like.
You can find more information about this event at the link http://www.fox2detroit.com/health/25942658-story.