SMART is looking to hire 60 Fixed Route Operators over the next few months. If you like to drive, like people and either have a CDL, CDL Permit or have the desire to obtain a CDL, then this may be the perfect career opportunity for you. Benefits include paid training, medical coverage, paid dental insurance, healthcare savings program and more. Starting training wage of $14.50/hour after successful completion of training (8 weeks) the wage will increase to $17.22/hour.
- Ability to successfully complete employment history verification and criminal background check, medical examination including drug screening, and employment interview.
- Less than 4 points on driving record in last five years.
- No suspensions, revocations or restrictions within past five years.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited school.
- A minimum of 5 years licensed driving experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work with the public.
- Ability to exercise sound and quick judgment in solving problems.
- Ability to work various shifts, weekends, holidays, split days off, especially during the first 2 years of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates motor coaches subject to departmental rules, regulations, schedules and local and state traffic regulations.
- Maintains professional image and performs duties in a courteous, friendly manner emphasizing positive customer relations.
- Inspects and tests vehicle equipment prior to each run to ensure vehicle safety.
- Reports equipment and maintenance problems or concerns to appropriate management personnel.
- Responsible for the safe loading, transport and unloading of passengers.
- Provides schedule, route, fare, directional and general information to customers.
- Responsible for collecting proper fares, inspecting passes, receiving and issuing transfers.
- Assists passengers, particularly elderly and handicapped persons, in boarding or exiting vehicle as necessary.
- Posts appropriate route and destination signs in vehicle.
- Removes ice, snow and slush from platforms.
- Maintains proper lighting, heating and ventilation on vehicle.
- Responsible for inspecting bulletin board daily for directives, policy and procedure announcements.
- Maintains trip sheets and other forms as required.
- Submits written reports on accidents and may be required to serve as witness regarding same.
- Maintains reasonable order aboard the coach.
- Performs related work as required.
For information and to apply follow the link to: Fixed Route Operator.