The parental rights of Mitchelle Blair's two surviving children are still up in the air - even after her guilty plea.
A judge said in court Tuesday there is grounds for terminating her rights, but did not make a decision yet. He is allowing Blair a best interest hearing, which is expected to be July 27
All parents will be individually evaluated before then, and the fathers will also have separate evaluations with their surviving kids.
Blair has been in and out of court this month for the custody hearings. She's maintained the fathers of those two children were never around and were never interested in the kids' lives.
Just the day before, Blair pleaded guilty to the murder of her two other children. Stoni was 13 at the time of her death, and Steven was 9.
JUDGE: "How did you not know if one of your kids is deceased?" Judge also asks fathers how they didn't know of abuse pic.twitter.com/7Rg4TM4cmxPolice believe the children died months apart in 2012 and 2013, and had endured abuse for years. In taking a plea, Blair had to be able to tell the judge exactly what she did. She gave shocking and graphic details Monday morning in court. You can read more about that here.
— Erika Erickson (@FOX2Erika) June 30, 2015
Blair has maintained Stoni and Steven were sexually assaulting her youngest child, and that she inflicted pain - and eventually death - upon the children as punishment. She says she stayed around and didn't go to the police in order to be with her two surviving children as long as possible, as she says she did not want them in the custody of Child Protective Services.
Editor's Note: This story has been edited to correct the previous report that incorrectly stated Blair's parental rights had been terminated.