Baby burned while taking a bath

 A seven-month-old girl is hospitalized with first- and second- degree burns. Her babysitter says she received the burns in the bathtub.

The baby is at the University of Michigan Hospital with burns covering much of her little body. 

"I can't imagine anyone going through this, it's horrible, it's painful. I can't imagine how my daughter feels," said the baby's mother Amanda.

The babysitter was washing little Alanna last Wednesday when her husband flushed the toilet. It immediately caused the water to get scalding hot, within seconds the damage was done.

"She's got first- and second- degree burns on her head and on her back," said Amanda. "Right now they're thinking that they will heal on their own, but it is possible, she does have some deeper burns on her back, so it is possible for skin grafting."

Family and friends have started sharing the story on social media. They've also created a GoFundMe account to pay for Alanna's medical bills. Donations have come in from as far away as Scotland.

"With everything that has happened there has got to be some good to come out of this and I feel that making people aware of this situation will be the good that comes out of it," said Amanda.

Doctors will check on Alanna's burns on Wednesday and will determine when she can go home.

If you would like to help Alanna click here for her GoFundMe page.

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes Advertiser Stories