COMMERCE TWP., Mich. (WJBK) - An Oakland County intersection is named the most-accident prone in Michigan.
The roundabout at Pontiac Trail and M-5 in Commerce Township had 186 crashes last year.
That's 54 more than any other intersection in the state. Coming in at number two was Telegraph and 12 Mile in Southfield while Eleven Mile and Van Dyke in Warren -- placing third.
The top 20 list from Michigan Auto Law firm compiled the list from the Michigan State Police Traffic Crash Reporting Unit.
1) Pontiac Trail and M-5/Martin Parkway, Commerce Township, Oakland County (186)
2) Telegraph Road and 12 Mile Road, Southfield, Oakland County (132)
3) 11 Mile Road and Van Dyke Avenue, Warren/Center Line, Macomb County (131)
4) 181/2 Mile Road and Van Dyke Avenue, Sterling Heights, Macomb County (124)
5) I-75 and Big Beaver Road, Troy, Oakland County (124)
6) Ford Road and Haggerty Road, Canton Township, Wayne County (116)
7) State Road and Ellsworth Road, Ann Arbor/Pittsfield Township, Washtenaw County (114)
8) Hall Road and Schoenherr Road, Shelby Township, Macomb County (111)
9) Metropolitan Parkway and Mound Road, Sterling Heights, Macomb County (102)
10) Southfield Road and 11 Mile Road, Lathrup Village, Oakland County (102)
11) Hall Road and Romeo Plank Road, Clinton Township/Macomb, Macomb County (94)
12) Orchard Lake Road and Maple Road, West Bloomfield Township, Oakland County (92)
13) Big Beaver Road and Rochester Road, Oakland County (92)
14) Ford Road and Lilley Road, Canton Township, Wayne County (89)
15) 11 Mile Road and Gratiot Avenue, Roseville, Macomb County (88)
16) Metropolitan Parkway and Van Dyke Avenue, Sterling Heights, Macomb County (84)
17) Farmington Road and Maple Road, West Bloomfield Township, Oakland County (84)
18) 12 Mile Road and Mound Road, Warren, Macomb County (83)
19) Garfield Road and Hall Road, Clinton Township, Macomb County (82)
20) Dix Highway and M-39/Southfield Freeway, Lincoln Park, Wayne County (80)