DETROIT (WJBK) - FOX 2 got results for a group of homeowners who say the city of Detroit left behind a big mess after a demolition project.
Neighbors on Logan Street in the southwest end of the city had a welcome sight on Friday - blight removal.
Just two days after a previous report about a pile of debris which used to be an abandoned home that a city contractor left, crews were out cleaning it up. The dangerous eyesore was torn down May 19 but the debris was left since then making neighbors fear it was going to be their new scenery.
"The day a contractor knocks down a house the clock starts, they have 30 days to clean up the mess," said Brian Farkas, Detroit Building Authority.
"I'm glad they came back to finish the job, that is really awesome," said resident Christine Sturgil.
The neighbor next door to the lot plans to put a volleyball net and pool in.
Interested residents should check out a new demolition tracker on its website. It allows you to see how many houses were demolished since 2014 and look at scheduled demolitions. Contractor and prices are listed.