OAKLAND COUNTY, Mich. (WJBK) - MDOT is starting a new phase of its Interstate 75 modernization project that will leave some drivers looking for detours all weekend long.
I-75 will be closed in both directions all weekend long berween Crooks Road and M-59, which is about a 7-mile stretch. The portion will be closed as crews demolish the Squirrel Road overpass.
The closure starts at 11 p.m. on Friday, and will be open again by 5 a.m. on Monday. Square Lake Road will also be closed under I-75 for the bridge work. Detours will be posted.
Detours for I-75 will be as follows:
- Northbound traffic will be detoured to northbound Crooks Road, then westbound M-59 and back to I-75
- Southbound traffic will use eastbound M-59, then southbound Crooks Road back to I-75.
In addition to the freeway closure, the following ramps will be closed beginning at 7 p.m. Friday and ending by 5 a.m. Monday.
- Eastbound and westbound Big Beaver Road to northbound I-75
- Crooks Road to northbound I-75
- Eastbound and westbound M-59 to southbound I-75
- Eastbound Square Lake road to southbound I-75
You can get more information on the I-75 project at www.modernize75.com.