STERLING HEIGHTS, Mich. (WJBK) - Authorities say two people were revived by NARCAN after they were found passed out from an apparent drug overdose in the bathroom of a retail store in Sterling Heights.
The manager of the Family Dollar at 19 Mile and Hayes, Angel Reed, says a woman came in to the store Wednesday night, saying she was pregnant and asking to use the restroom. An employee handed over the key, and then heard strange noises coming from the room.
"They were in there maybe 15 or 20 minutes, and it sounded like they were beating and banging up against the wall," Reed says. She says the noises didn't sound like an argument, but rather that the people inside were "maybe having some type of relations."
Reed says she knocked on the door multiple times, and eventually told the people that she was calling the police. She didn't get any response, but says she suddently heard what sounded like someone gasping for air.
"[Police] had to break the door and they found him with his eyes in back of his head, passed out on the floor. She was laying the same way," she says. Reed says both the man and the woman appeared to be in the midst of a drug overdose.
Emergency responders used NARCAN to revive them.
"It was very unusual," Reed says. "Very frustrating (and) scary."
Investigators say the woman did not appear to be pregnant and that she may have just used that as an excused to use the employee-only restroom.