(WJBK) - A Dearborn Heights man who was held hostage in Yemen arrived back home Tuesday night. Security consultant Sam Farran, 54, was held for months with two other men since March.
"For the past six months, that's all I did, I paced that cell," he said. "Which was 5512. I paced it back and forth thinking about this moment."
A British man was also released, but a third American is still being held hostage right now.
Earlier this year, Shiite Houthi rebels seized power in Yemen leading to intense bombing from Saudi Arabia.
Caught in the middle in March, fellow American Scott Darden who had been overseeing the transport of humanitarian supplies in Yemen reached out to Farran, a former Marine seeking safe shelter when the Saudis started bombing.
They went to what was believed to be a secure location, but were then arrested.
"Very happy, very glad to be home. I want to thank all the folks and all the support that they've given for the past six months. It's been rough on them and my mother, especially my mother, she went through a lot waiting for me," Farran says.