Man electrocuted in Detroit alley

- Detroit police are investigating an electrocution on the city's east side Friday morning.

Police say a homeowner in the 7500 block of Dobel Street woke up to the smell of smoke. The homeowner then saw a person on fire. 

Detroit police say the victim was walking in the alley when he walked into a downed wire. Police say he died on scene. 

Authorities haven't yet identified the victim. 

The Detroit Fire Department earlier believed the man was attempting an illegal hookup, but further investigation shows the electrocution was likely just an accident. 

Authorities say the alleyway is very overgrown and it's possible the downed wire wasn't visible. 

Dobel Street is located near Van Dyke and McNichols Road.

This is a developing story. Stay with FOX 2 for updates.  

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes Advertiser Stories