DETROIT (WJBK) - In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, UAW-Ford will host its second annual Free Mammogram Program. This year it will offer a five-day mobile mammogram screening for metro Detroit's uninsured women. The screenings will be held Oct. 12-16 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily.
Here are the locations where screenings will be held:
1. Oct. 12: UAW-Ford (NPC), 151 W. Jefferson Detroit, MI 48226
2. Oct. 13: Jermaine Jackson Community Center, 58 Orchard, Mt. Clemens, MI 48043
3. Oct. 14: UAW-Ford Local 600, 10550 Dix Dearborn, MI 48120
4. Oct. 15: UAW-Ford Local 900, 38200 Michigan Ave Wayne, MI 48184
5. Oct. 16: UAW-Ford Local 387, 24250 Telegraph Rd Flat Rock, MI 48134
There will be 25 appointments available per day for women ages 40 and older to schedule a safe, secure mammogram screening by Northland Radiology, compliments of UAW-Ford. To schedule a confidential screening, attendees must make an appointment by calling: 313-392-7030.
Results will be mailed, and will include a referral center in the event of detection.
Last year the organization debuted a four-day mammogram screening, due to the overwhelming response, the program added another day to help meet the need.
"Helping to improve the quality of life for the communities in which we live and work is a chief principle of UAW-Ford. We have a long history of working collectively to build strong cars and strong communities," said Jimmy Settles, UAW-Ford vice president.