Boyfriend of woman murdered in Royal Oak denied bond

- For the first time, we see the face of the man suspected of the first murder in Royal Oak this year.

David Davis, 49, is accused of killing Theresa Diamos in her home earlier in the week. Davis has been her boyfriend for the past several years.

He stood with his head down during his arraignment Thursday on murder and various firearm charges. He said very little, but at times sobbed through parts of the proceeding.

Police say Davis has not cooperated with the investigation. They say he originally told them that someone had broken into the couple's home in the 800 block of Altadena Avenue, but officers could not find any evidence to support that. He's been their main suspect the entire time.

Diamos was shot early Monday morning. Neighbors say the pair had been arguing about money as of late.

Davis is a convicted felon who has served time for assault. He could now spend the rest of his life behind bars if convicted of the latest charges. He was denied bond.

A couple of Diamos family members were present for the arraignment. A cousin says this, obviously, has been very tough on them and the family is just not ready to issue a statement yet.

Davis was denied bond during the arraignment Thursday. His next court date is October 23.
 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes Advertiser Stories