Victim in Redford house explosion dies

The man who was injured in the house explosion in Redford on Sunday has died from his injuries, FOX 2 has learned.

Redford Police say 58-year-old William Rice died from his injuries on Tuesday. Natural gas was ruled out as a cause of the explosion and on Monday, officials said the only other fuel source at the home was propane.

Neighbors described the explosion as if a bomb had gone off.

"The neighbor's house, the whole thing was just gone," said Chris, whose parents live next door. Tracey was visiting with his mother and girlfriend when it happened.

FOX 2 was also told DTE has not serviced this house for gas since 2004.

Police say it appears to be a horrible accident and that it was likely nothing criminal.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes Advertiser Stories