(FOX 11 / AP) - Police say a package addressed to the home of the suspected attackers in Southern California's mass shooting has been determined to be safe after it spurred the evacuation of a UPS facility.
San Bernardino police Chief Jarrod Burguan says Friday night that the item has been rendered safe and posed no threat.
Burguan said earlier that the package was from a "reputable vendor" and the UPS center was evacuated out of caution. The evacuation lasted about three hours.
The facility is about a mile from the social services center where 14 people were killed by a husband and wife on Wednesday.
We will have bomb tech's from @sbcountysheriff check package to be "safe".— Chief Jarrod Burguan (@SBPDChief) December 5, 2015