Pleasant Ridge woman dies from Carbon Monoxide poisoning

- A Pleasant Ridge woman is dead from Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

Sixty-one-year-old Kathryn Ladoucer died Thursday morning in her home on Maywood Avenue. Police and fire arrived at the house at 12:30 am after the woman's husband found her unconscious.

First responders tried to revive the woman for a half hour, but she died inside her home. Police say the woman's husband did not want to be treated by EMS and he should be okay.

"While they were there, officers noticed an odor they couldn't pinpoint," said Chief Kevin Nowak. "So the fire department pulled out their detectors and found an elevated level of Carbon Monoxide."

Consumers Energy did an inspection of the home and found several red flags, adding there might have been a venting issue with the boiler or hot water tank that could have caused a Carbon Monoxide problem.

The one piece of advice that Consumers Energy's Debra Dodd wanted to share is this tragedy could have been prevented.

"The single best defense against Carbon Monoxide poisoning - which is called the silent killer for a reason - tasteless, colorless and odorless, is to install an audio seal alarm, which works just like a smoke detector," she said.

Police and Consumers Energy said the house has been red tagged for the time being, meaning the gas will not be turned back on until repairs have been made.
 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes Advertiser Stories