Clinton Twp woman says someone killed her dogs with antifreeze

- Michele Wilson knew something was wrong with her dogs and her fears were confirmed once she took them to the vet.

Now she's convinced what happened to them was no accident and she's pulling all the stops to keep it from happening again.

"I'm afraid to let Honeybear run around in my yard," said Michele Wilson. "I can't let her loose. I've had her for eight years. She's what's left of my best friends."

The Catahoula Cur named Honeybear is Wilson's last surviving dog after three others died in the span of a few days.

Wilson says it all started last Tuesday.

"I saw my wolf dog looking drunk and disorderly," she said. "I immediately called my brother and asked him to come over and told him there's something wrong with my dog."

Vets at Advanced Animal Care Emergency diagnosed her dog with ethylene glycol poisoning. An organic compound often found in antifreeze.

One by one, her other dogs showed the same symptoms. One of them was practically in a coma.

"They came in what we call clinical, so definitely showing signs of kidney failure," said Dr. Matthew Hynes. "I will tell you they were declining quite rapidly."

"I've been told you can dip food substances into it and some people enjoy tossing it over the fence so they can watch people's animals die," Wilson said. "And you believe someone did that to your four dogs? They had to have, they had to have."

Wilson says Clinton Township Police and animal control searched her yard and garage but did not find anything that would've poisoned her dogs.

"I don't know if it's somebody mad because I had four dogs," she said. "I had people come by and kick the fences. I had a guy a couple of streets down come over here and squeeze that black pit bull over there when she was a puppy."

It would be hard to determine if someone poisoned Wilson's dogs - but if someone did, she has a message for them.

"I may not catch you, the law many not catch you," she said. "But God will catch you. You can't escape God."

Clinton Township Police Department is aware of this situation and the case was handed off to its detective's bureau.

Now some of the warning signs of antifreeze poisoning in dogs includes among other things, vomiting, twitching muscles and wobbly, uncoordinated walking.

If you notice any of those symptoms get your dog to a vet immediately.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes Advertiser Stories