Family Devastated by Fire

- A fire claimed a metro Detroit family's home and car and hospitalized two adults who were inside at the time of the fire.

It started around 10:30 Thursday night on Elmira Street in Livonia. Mike Fletcher's parents and his uncle were all inside the home when the flames flared up.

"It hurts man, it's everything, it's everything in your house," Fletcher said. "(I) heard smoke alarms going off, opened up the inside door to the garage and sure enough the garage was on fire so I called 911 right away."

Fletcher said his dad tried to save one of his cars when the fire started.

"He tried to get it out of the there. He got burned a little bit, he got out. As soon as he got out, the car just  was engulfed with flames," he said.

The fire spread to other cars, the attic, and then the roof. The homes is a total loss. Fletcher's dad was in ICUE at the University of Michigan while his mom was being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.

Thefamily does not have renter's insurance so a relative set up a gofundme account for them. CLICK HERE to donate.

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes Advertiser Stories