A Gofundme account has been set up for the Houghton family who lost everything in a house fire Friday night.
They are seeking your generous dotation’s to help them re-build their lives.
Samantha Houghton awoken by smoke alarms in her Highland Twp. home alerted her parents of the situation. 4-year-old Sophie was heard screaming from her bedroom which was engulfed in flames. Stuck in the bed, her father Art rushed to get her out of the room.
The rest of the family was able to escape the home unharmed, but both Art and Sophie were rushed to the Detroit Receiving Hospital. Sophie suffered 3rd degree burns on her feet and one of her knees and 1st degree burns on her back, and both are being treated for smoke inhalation.
Everything in the home was destroyed, clothing, phones, computers, furniture, etc. The Gofundme estimate has been placed at $20,000 but anything will help.
If you'd like to help the family visit https://www.gofundme.com/houghton-family-fire-recovery.
Non-monetary donations can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org