Hazmat investigating burst chemical pipe at Detroit factory

- A factory in Detroit was evacuated Monday morning after a pipe burst, leaking ammonia into the air. 

We're told three people had to be hospitalized, including two Detroit police officers and a 57-year-old male employee. All are expected to be okay. 

An official with the Detroit Fire Department tells us an ammonia pipe burst at the Intrastate Distributors building on Exeter Street, which makes Towne Club Soda.

The situation was handled and is still under investigation.

About 15 people had to be evacuated. 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes Advertiser Stories