(WJBK) - A man admitted to a string of robberies in southeast Michigan saying it was a way to feed his family, according to a criminal complaint.
Mohamad Abdi was arrested earlier this week after a robbery at a CVS in St. Clair Shores. The criminal complaint states when an officer arrested Abdi, he admitted he had a gun in the car because he "did something stupid." Police say that he also told them he "did what he did" to "feed his twins."
Police say a string of robberies has occurred across southeast Michigan for the past few months, mostly at pharmacy/drug stores and dollar stores. Police say Abdi admitted to nine of these robberies, and believe he may be responsible for others as well.
Police say Abdi admitted to the following robberies:
- June 26, 207: Family Dollar: 18040 East 9 Mile, Eastpointe
- June 26, 2017: CVS: 13608 East 9 Mile, Warren
- July 11, 2017: Rite Aid: 15411 Southfield Road, Allen Park
- July 24, 2017: CVS: 27700 Harper, St Clair Shores
- July 30, 2017: Rite Aid, 35101 East Michigan Ave, Wayne
- July 31, 2017: CVS, 15051 East 13 Mile Road, Warren
- October 16, 2017: CVS, 3647 Dix, Lincoln Park
- October 17, 2017: CVS, 31240 Harper, St Clair Shores
- October 18, 2017: CVS, 22515 Greater Mack Ave, St Clair Shores
Police say, after Abdi was arrested following the October 18th robbery in St. Clair Shores, that a gun and $506 was found in his vehicle's center console.
Abdi is currently charged with Interference With Commercy By Robbery, and Use Of A Firearm During And In Relation To A Crime Of Violence.
This is a developing story. Stay with FOX 2 for updates.