Flint native and documentary filmmaker Michael Moore wants the public to sign a petition against Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder. Moore, who has also made headlines as a controversial activist, has posted an online petition titled "How can you help Flint? Do not send us bottles of water. Instead join us in a revolt."
In what is titled "A letter to America from Michael Moore" the petition has 452,882 signatures.
The petition lists five things that "you and I need to do"
1. Demand the removal and arrest of Rick Snyder, the Governor of Michigan.
2. Make the state of Michigan pay for the disaster that the state of Michigan created.
3. The Federal Government must then be placed in charge.
4. Evacuate all Flint residents who want to leave now.
5. For those who choose to stay in Flint, FEMA must create a temporary water system in each home.
"In the end, we will need to create a new economy and bring new employment to this town that created the middle class," he writes. "That elected the first black mayor, and that believed in and created the American Dream. They deserved more than to be poisoned by their own Governor - a Governor who thought that, because the people in the town were politically weak, he could get away with this unnoticed and without a fight. He figured wrong."
At the bottom of the web page is a message to President Barack Obama and Attorney General Lynch. It asks to investigate and if warranted arrest and prosecute the Governor of Michigan.
It asks for Obama to see Flint and send in the CDC, EPA, FEMA and the Army Corps of Engineers.
If you want more information, go to http://michaelmoore.com/DontSendBottledWater/