(WJBK) - An Oakland County judge who locked up three siblings for refusing to have lunch with their dad will not be suspended.
The Michigan Supreme Court ruled Judge Lisa Gorcyca did commit judicial misconduct for holding the children in contempt.
But the justices decided she should be publicly censured, not removed from the bench for 30 days as the judicial tenure commission recommended.
This all stems from a bitter custody battle involving a Bloomfield Hills family.
During a 2015 hearing, Gorcyca compared the kids to a Charles Manson cult and also gestured that one of them was crazy.
Gorcyca says her actions that day were the result of years of frustration with the case.
She says she had tried everything she could think of to get the kids to follow her orders.
- Commission: Judge Lisa Gorcyca guilty of misconduct
- State Supreme Court hears case against Judge Lisa Gorcyca
- Judge testifies about her conduct after jailing kids in custody fight
- Judicial panel recommends 30 days suspension, censure for Judge Lisa Gorcyca
- Let It Rip: Grosse Pointe racism by teens; Judge Gorcyca under the microscope
- Judge Gorcyca disqualified from Tsimhoni custody case
- Oakland Co. judge faces misconduct hearing after handling of child custody case