Sheriff: Carbon Monoxide poisoning kills 6 in Fenton Township

- Six people were killed in Fenton Township and police say carbon monoxide poisoning may be responsible.

Two adults and four children were found inside the home the 13000 block of Stony Brook Pass. The children range in age from 1 to 12-years-old; the youngest would have turned 2-years-old next week.

FOX 2's Hannah Saunders spoke with a neighbor who identified the victims as Heather and Len Quasarano and their four children: Rachel, Luke, Brenden, and Grant.

The Genessee County Sheriff confirmed the death, saying that a generator was running in the basement of the home. The sheriff believes the generator was being used because of the power outage from Friday's strong winds.

Genesee County Sheriff's have not officially confirmed the cause of death, but carbon monoxide poisoning is likely. The generator the family was using was taken as evidence.

Three of the four children were students at Linden Elementary school, where there will be grief counselors available Monday.

More information is expected to be released at a press conference Monday morning.

Family has set up a GoFundMe account to help cover the costs of the six funerals. If you would like to make a donation, you can do so here

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes Advertiser Stories