Today is National Banana Bread day, and if you don't have a go-to recipe, no worries.
Quiana "Que" Broden stopped by the Fox2 Kitchen to share her favorite recipe for vegan banana bread, and to showcase how to make it.
Vegan Banana Bread
- 1 cup vegan sugar
- 3 medium ripe bananas - mashed
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil - melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or soymilk ( preference)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
optional: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees & grease bottom of loaf pan;
- mix sugar,bananas, coconut oil , and vanilla in a large bowl until batter is smooth. Add the almond milk and vinegar , mix well. Add flour, baking soda, and salt mix until all combined;
- Bake in oven for 1 hour. Insert toothpick in center of the loaf, if it comes out clean and there is a crack in the middle of the loaf - it's done;
- Place on cooling rack for at least 1 hour before slicing and store refrigerated wrapped tightly in plastic wrap.
Watch the video above, follow the recipe and click here for more information.