Les Stanford Chevrolet in Dearborn catches fire

- An electrical fire in the service department at the Les Stanford Chevrolet in Dearborn leaves a car melted.  The dealership has been at this location since 1968 and experienced their first fire. 

"After being here for almost 50 years, this is our first major fire. We're very fortunate we did not lose the building itself from just this electrical fire that started from a vehicle, all in all its a complete mess but it could have been a lot worse," Paul Stanford said.

According to Stanford a car came in for an electrical issue and somehow it shorted out and caught flame. 

One of the things that helped save the building was mother nature, all the rain from Saturday completely soaked the roof. 

"We had a couple customer vehicles, we had some of our own inventory, I don't think the damage was very significant but certainly we lost two vehicles. it’s a sad thing that's happened, we feel bad about it and we certainly are going to do what we can to make it right for the customer," Stanford said.
 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes Advertiser Stories