(WJBK) - FOX 2 obtained a federal indictment of 13 people who were part of the alleged Smokecamp street gang who were charged.
According to the indictment, the gang, which is also known as Runyon Boys, Original Paid Bosses, and Paid Bosses Inc., operates primarily on the east side of Detroit near Seven Mile and Albion.
Authorities said the Smokecamp gang makes its money primarily through selling cocaine, crack cocaine, heroin, marijuana, codeine, ecstasy, and prescription pills from trap houses near Seven Mile and Albion. However, officials say they didn't just sell drugs in Detroit, they expanded to West Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky to sell narcotics.
Federal officials said they were able to arrest the 13 suspects during undercover buys in September. They claim that the 13 suspects were charged with other crimes including possession of drugs and guns dating back to 2007.
The 13 suspects arrest are all charge with RICO conspiracy:
1. Korey Sanders aka "No Loan Corleon," "Staxs",
2. Jerray Key aka "Chino," "Dre"
3. Deshawn Langston aka "Pook" "Slips"
4. Richard Langston aka "Dub," "Rich," "Blow"
5. Hakeem Bunnell aka "Lb Dub"
6. Keenan Nielbock aka "Dolla," "Keno"
7. Caraun Key aka "Luch," "Ron," "Slick
8. Darryl Key aka "Db," Big Baby"
9. Tyree Williams aka "Snoop"
10. Romale Gibson aka "Santana"
11. Cary Dailey aka "Cease"
12. Antonio Langston aka "Tone"
13. Carlos Davis aka "Los," "Loso"
Some of the suspects also face drug, assault, and gun charges.
A source close with the investigation tells FOX 2 these charges are in connection with a series of raids conducted Wednesday morning by Michigan State Police and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.