8 hurt in speculated carbon monoxide poisoning

Family members and three firefighters were taken to a hospital after a carbon monoxide situation on Detroit's west side. 

The incident happened Saturday at a home in the 13900 block of Auburn Street, near Evergreen Road and Schoolcraft.

Officials said four adults and a 2-year-old child in the home started feeling sick. After 911 was called, firefighters arrived and determined it was carbon monoxide. A 2-year-old and 29-year-old female remain in the hospital in serious condition. 

Officials say that a broken vent on a water heater may be the cause for the carbon monoxide poisoning. 

 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes Advertiser Stories