Married woman, mechanic reportedly die from carbon monoxide poisoning during sex

A married woman and her mechanic lover reportedly died from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning while having sex in a parking garage, according to a police source.

Kahali Johnson said he found his wife, Tameka Hargrave, 39, and the 56-year-old mechanic, who was not identified, dead in a parking garage on Monday night in Newark, N.J., NBC 4 in New York reported.

Hargrave was paying for work done on her vehicle by having sex with the mechanic, a police source told NJ.com.

Johnson said that he arrived at his New Jersey home home and found the two dead in the garage. He told ABC 7 in New York that he smelled a strong odor in his home. He said an alarm went off and he began investigating the smell and went to the garage where he found his wife, the mechanic and a running car. ABC 7 reports that he said he found his wife on the ground while the mechanic appeared to be looking at the car.

"As I tried to step to open the last garage door, I see the mechanic, he's laid out," Johnson said. "She's just a few feet away, she's laid out. And pretty much I had to call 911, because at this time, with that level of emissions, I knew that they were gone."

However, NBC New York reported that the two were having sex in a car in the garage when they were found dead. The news station also reports that police confirmed that they responded to the home and they found two victims inside a running vehicle in a garage.

Law enforcement sources say they believe the woman was paying for her car work by having sex with the mechanic, NBC New York reports.

Authorities are not releasing the names of the victims but ABC 7 reports that the woman's name was Tameka Hargrave.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in - includes Advertiser Stories