ROYAL OAK, Mich. - The Royal Oak Farmers Market will be transformed for a night of sweet treats and decadence. It's the 6th Annual Indulgence Event, and takes place Saturday, January 30th. For more information on "Indulgence" and how to purchase tickets, CLICK HERE.
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse will be participating in the event. Joining us in the Fox 2 Cooking School is Chef Orlando Santos to show us how to make a savory dish.
BBQ Shrimp Recipe
- 1 each Toast Point
- 1/2 oz. Canola Oil
- 5 each Shrimp
- 2 teaspoons Sliced Green Onions
- 1 oz. White Wine
- 1 scoop BBQ Butter Sauce, cold
- Fresh Chopped Parsley, garnish
- Place toast point on half sheet tray and place in oven to heat. Approximately 3 minutes.
- Place sauté pan on burner and heat. Ladle oil into pan.
- Add shrimp to oil in sauté pan and cook on one side for one minute. Reduce heat and turn shrimp over and shake pan well.
- Add 1 teaspoon green onions, toss well and cook for one minute.
- Pour wine into pan and toss well, reduce the volume of the wine by half.
- Add cold BBQ Butter Sauce to the pan and heat to a simmer while stirring to coat shrimp with sauce. Remove pan from heat.
- Place toast on serving plate and add shrimp on top, pouring BBQ Butter Sauce over.
- Garnish with remaining green onions and parsley.
- Serve immediately.