Chef Maxel Hardy's Cajun Turkey Legs
Cajun Turkey Wings
· 3 lb. turkey wings pieces
· 2 tsp Chef Max Cajun seasoning
· 1 tsp black pepper
· 1 tsp salt
· 1 tbsp garlic
· 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
· ½ onion, finely chopped
· 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
· ½ green bell pepper, finely chopped
· 1 small carrot, finely chopped
· 4 chicken bouillon
· 3 sprigs thyme
· 1 bay leaf
· 2 cup vegetable oil
· 1/4 cup heavy cream
· 2 tbsp Whole Butter
· Parsley for garnish
1. Season the turkey wings with Cajun seasoning, black pepper, salt, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.
2. In a large pan over high heat, add oil and brown turkey wings on both sides. Remove from the pot and place on a plate.
3. Add onion, celery, green bell pepper and carrot to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
4. Add turkey wings back to the pot then add water, chicken bouillon, thyme and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover the pot.
5. Cook for about 2 hours or until the turkey is tender.
6. Remove from Pan ,Allow them to cool for 30 minutes, and save the liquid.
7. In a large Cast Iron Skillet, Add Vegetable Oil and heat to a medium heat, Fry the Turkey wings until Crispy.
8. In a stock pot add the leftover stock, let it simmer till it reduces by half, Add heavy cream and 3 tbsp of cajun and butter, whisk and take off the stove. Plate up turkey wings, and ladle sauce on top.
The image for the item is attached.